Huawei is still “far from ready” from propelling its very own operating system, as indicated by a report. The internal project to launch a Huawei OS “has had its ups and downs and remains far from ready,” sources told The Information.
Google locked Huawei out of its Android updates prior this week. On Tuesday, the US Commerce Department allowed the Chinese tech giant a three-month general license to update existing gadgets, incidentally facilitating restrictions on Huawei’s access to American components and software that go into its phones.
In spite of the Google boycott, Huawei said Tuesday that its most recent cell phone, the Honor Pro 20, will utilize Android.
CNET’s understanding is that Huawei has no quick intends to launch its very own OS, and that the organization is taking a gander at propelling one just if Android is permanently expelled as a possibility for its cell phone clients.
Over a year back, CNET sister site TechRepublic detailed that Huawei had been working on its very own OS since 2012, on the off chance that it got restricted from Android.
A week ago, the US government boycotted networking gear from Huawei and President Donald Trump signed an executive order restricting the organization. Microsoft has additionally supposedly expelled Huawei’s MateBook laptops from its online store.
Disclaimer: The views, suggestions, and opinions expressed here are the sole responsibility of the experts. No A News Week journalist was involved in the writing and production of this article.